By Bill Sohl
It goes without saying: This year has been tragically heartbreaking. As a result, I would like to honor the place I have called home for my entire life and the wonderful residents who make up the Coral Springs/Parkland area.
Most of my team and I grew up in north Broward and have chosen to remain here to work and raise our families. Our roots run deep in is this community. Through our real estate business, we have had the privilege of selling and finding homes for thousands of people who have chosen to live here. As a result of these interactions, we discovered the most common factor for choosing this area is people’s desire to do what is best for their love ones. Some move here for their children’s benefit and others move here for a home that will allow them to care of their parents as they age! All are motivated by their love and concern for others.
It is no wonder we are a community who, despite our own struggles and tragedies, is always willing to lend a helping hand. We find joy in taking care of and helping others. We jump at the chance to make a difference. This is just who we are and why we live here.
We are the following and so much more:
• We are a community who loves to volunteer and help whenever needed.
• We are a community whose travel baseball program and a local dance studio are currently providing support and help to a former Marine and his family during his battle against cancer.
• We are a community where one of its football programs drove trucks and trailers full of donated supplies through storms and flooded roads to Texas to help the victims of hurricane Harvey! I think they headed to Texas before the storm was over.
• We are a community that offers a wide range of special needs programs which most have more volunteers than participants.
• We are a community where parents started a national campaign to end wrong way drivers on interstates and highways after tragically losing their beautiful daughters in a horrific crash on the Sawgrass Expressway.
• We are a community of strong, compassionate and intelligent parents who have made it their mission to make our schools and community safe.
• We are a community whose students, from all of our schools, gathered together to support the students of Stoneman Douglas.
• We are a community whose youth, with their brilliance, have captured the ear and hearts of the world.
• We are a community with some of its children and teachers who sadly perished or were critically injured trying to save and protect others.
• We are a diverse community made of different races, ethnicities and religions who are from different parts of the world.
Despite our differences, we all share the desire to do what is best for our loved ones and community. That is why our area is so special and desirable.
In 2018 real estate news, the market was very flat for the spring and early part of the summer. However, it improved during late summer and early fall. As a matter of fact, sale prices increased for September and October compared to the same months in 2017. Lastly, I was able to find a buyer for Chicago Cubs player Anthony Rizzo’s Parkland home. We really pushed the market with this home. Although Anthony has moved from Parkland, it’s certain that he’ll stay involved with the community he loves and that loves him!
We would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year!